Usually, when you think about a battle between high-performance coupes you think of German coupes like the BMW M4, Audi RS5, and the Mercedes-AMG C63. However, the Japanese have finally started offering some outstanding high-performance coupes and the Americans have jumped into this segment with the new Cadillac ATS-V Coupe.
With today’s Face-off-Friday, we decided to take the hottest new offerings from Japan and the United States and look into a nice battle between the Lexus RC-F and the new Cadillac ATS-V Coupe. Now we understand that no pricing information has been released about the Cadillac ATS-V Coupe but we really don’t expect it to cost more than $60,000 – plus performance specs wise it seems ready to eat the lunch of the Lexus RC F and dare we say – some of the German rivals as well.
Cadillac ATS-V Coupe vs Lexus RC F:
Cadillac ATS-V Coupe:
- Engine: 3.6L V6 Twin-Turbocharged DI VVT.
- Performance: 455-hp / 445 lb-ft of torque
- Transmission: 6-speed manual, 8-speed automatic.
- 0-60mph: 3.9 seconds
- Top Speed: 185 mph
- Curb Weight: TBD.
- Fuel-Economy: TBD
- Price: TBD
- Engine: 5.0-liter V8
- Performance: 467-hp / 389 lb-ft of torque
- Transmission: 8-speed Sports Program Direct Shift and available Torque Vectoring Differential
- 0-60mph: 4.4 seconds
- Top Speed: 168 mph
- Curb Weight: 3,958 lbs.
- Fuel-Economy: 16/25 (city/highway)
- Price: $62,400