General Motors surprised the car industry this morning by dropping all the details on the all-new 2016 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan. The new Cadillac CTS-V will go on sale in the summer of 2015 after its public debut at the Detroit Auto Show next month.
“V-Series represents the very best of the Cadillac brand – the pinnacle of our design and technical capabilities,” said Johan de Nysschen, Cadillac president. “The new CTS-V is the most compelling example of Cadillac’s product substance and brand trajectory. The new CTS-V soars into the stratosphere of the most exhilarating luxury cars.”
Power for the new Cadillac CTS-V Sedan comes from a 6.2 liter supercharged V8 engine making 640 horsepower and 630 lb-ft of torque. Mated to a paddle-shift 8-speed automatic transmission, featuring launch control and Performance Algorithm Shifting, 0 to 60 mph comes in 3.7 seconds with a top speed of 200 mph.
“With the stronger body structure – and more than a decade of V-Series production models and the CTS-V racing program experience – engineers tuned the CTS-V to deliver greater body motion control for a more agile feel, while maintaining excellent ride quality,” said David Leone, Cadillac executive chief engineer. “The result is class-leading capability on the highway or track, balanced with luxury and refinement.”
Key performance technologies include:
- Standard carbon fiber hood and available carbon fiber vent, front splitter, rear spoiler and rear diffuser for greater aerodynamic performance
- Brembo high-performance brake system developed to provide durability, consistency and the capability for track-day performance straight from the factory
- Third-generation Magnetic Ride Control delivering 40-percent faster damping response
- Integrated chassis controls that provide balanced performance for touring and the track, including competition-spec Performance Traction Management
- Structural stiffness increased by 25 percent for improved ride and superior handling
- Driver-selectable modes electronically calibrate performance variables for touring, sport and track driving conditions
- Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires with tri-compound technology offering excellent grip with extended wear
- An interior with performance-oriented, sueded microfiber accents and matte-finish carbon fiber trim and available RECARO high-performance seats for spirited driving
- Advanced safety and parking technologies, including a front curb-view camera system that provides a visual cue of curbs to protect the front splitter; automatic parking assist to find and steer into parallel or perpendicular parking spots; side blind zone alert, forward collision alert, lane keep assist and rear cross traffic alert.