We told you it was coming and now it’s finally here – meet the fastest and most powerful sedan in the world – the 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat.
“For the last eight years, a large part of the Dodge Charger’s successful formula has been its many personalities. It’s a muscle car, a performance sedan, a family capable sedan; its success is that it can be any or all of those things, depending on how the customer chooses to equip their car,” said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO — Dodge and SRT Brands. “And now, with a NHRA-certified quarter mile time of 11.0 seconds and a 204 mph top speed, the new 2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat redefines itself again, as the quickest, fastest, most powerful sedan in the world!”
Power for the 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat comes from a 6.2-liter HEMI Hellcat V8 engine that pumps out 707 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque. Mated to a TorqueFlite 8HP90 eight-speed automatic transmission, 0 to 60 mph comes in just 3.7 seconds with a top speed of an eye-watering 204 mph.
Drive Modes are pre-configured for Sport, Track and Default settings, while the Custom setting lets the driver customize the drive experience to their favorite settings.
- Custom — Allows the driver to personalize the vehicle’s performance
- Sport — Delivers increased vehicle performance capability over the Default Mode
- Track — Delivers maximum vehicle performance capability on smooth, dry surfaces
- Default — Activates automatically when starting the vehicle
- Eco — Maximizes fuel economy with a revised shift schedule, pedal map and second-gear starts
Production of the new Charger SRT Hellcat is scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2015.