The Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 has been eating up the automotive headlines by being one of the most exciting sports cars of the year. Just yesterday, Motor Trend awarded the new Camaro Z/28 its 2014 Best Driver’s Car award, which goes to prove that the new top-of-the-line, track-oriented Camaro is a force to be reckoned with.
“The mission of the new Z/28 was to create the most capable, best-handling Camaro in our history,” said Mark Reuss, GM executive vice president for global product development.
We decided that today’s Face-off-Friday should focus on the new Camar Z/28 and then we decided it should go head-to-head with another sports car that makes a lot of headlines – the Nissan GT-R.
Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 vs Nissan GT-R:
- Engine: 7.0 liter V8
- Performance: 505-hp / 481 lb-ft of torque
- Transmission: 6-speed manual
- 0-60mph: 4.2 seconds
- Top Speed: 165 mph
- Curb Weight: 3,820 pounds
- Fuel-Economy: 14/17 (city/highway)
- Price: $72,305.
- Engine: 3.8 liter twin-turbo V8
- Performance: 545-hp / 463 lb-ft of torque
- Transmission: 6-speed automatic dual-clutch
- 0-60mph: 2.9 seconds
- Top Speed: 196 mph
- Curb Weight: 3,831 pounds.
- Fuel-Economy: 16/23 (city/highway)
- Price: $101,770