The 2015 BMW 6-Series lineup has just been refreshed and if you’re in the market for a luxury convertible than you’re pretty excited. However, until Mercedes-Benz decided to offer a convertible version of the new S-Class Coupe – the closest thing we have to to a competitor is the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible.
The 6-Series Convertible – if priced out properly runs a bit around $20,000 to $30,000 higher than the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible – but again for argument sake we’re going to go ahead – and who knows – maybe the E-Class Convertible might entice you to save some money at the end of the day instead of dropping an outstanding amount for a convertible luxury car.
For a the sake of a Face-of-Friday, we’re going to pin the BMW 650i Convertible against the Mercedes-Benz E550 Convertible.
Mercedes-Benz E550 Convertible:
- Engine: 4.7 liter twin-turbo V8.
- Performance: 402-hp / 443 lb-ft of torque
- Transmission: 7-speed automatic
- 0-60mph: 5 seconds
- Top Speed: 155 mph
- Curb Weight: 4,387 lbs
- Fuel-Economy: 17/26 (city/highway)
- Price: $67,750
BMW 650i Convertible:
- Engine: 4.4 liter TwinPower Turbo V8
- Performance: 445-hp / 480 lb-ft of torque
- Transmission: 8-speed automatic.
- 0-60mph: 4.5 seconds
- Top Speed: 130 mph
- Curb Weight: 4,520 lbs.
- Fuel-Economy: 17/25 (city/highway)
- Price: $94,900