Mercedes-Benz recently dropped all the details on its new C63 model – which is now known as the Mercedes AMG C63. Of course, in high-performance sedan world this means that the king, the BMW M3, has a new and upgraded competitor. That led us to make today’s Face-off-Friday a battle between two of the hottest high-performance sedans on the market.
Now let’s get something straight. Mercedes-Benz is offering the new AMG C63 in two variants including the AMG C63 and the AMG C63 S. The AMG C63 S is powered by the same 4.0 liter twin-turbo V8 but produces an outstanding 503-hp, compared to the C63 AMG which produces 469-hp.
For our comparison purposes we’re going to stick to the regular AMG C63 model so we can have a fair face-off! Lets get started.
2015 Mercedes AMG C63 vs 2015 BMW M3:
2015 Mercedes AMG C63 AMG:
- Engine: 4.0 liter twin-turbo V8
- Performance: 469-hp / 479 lb-ft of torque
- Transmission: AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7-speed automatic
- 0-60mph: 4 seconds
- Top Speed: 155 mph
- Curb Weight: 3,615 lbs.
- Fuel-Economy: TBA
- Price: TBA
2015 BMW M3:
- Engine: 3.0 liter TwinPower Turbo cylinder.
- Performance: 570-hp / 553 lb-ft of torque
- Transmission: 6-speed manual, 7-speed M Double Clutch automatic.
- 0-60mph: 4.1 seconds
- Top Speed: 156 mph
- Curb Weight: 3,595 pounds.
- Fuel-Economy: 17/26 (city/highway)
- Price: $62,000