Dodge is really stepping up the game when it comes to offering insane amount of power and performance. Following the recent debut of the new 707-hp 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat, the brand has now released a Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat, which also receives an outstanding 707-hp.
All of this got us thinking since that makes the Charger SRT Hellcat the fastest and most powerful production sedan. How will it stand up to the high-performance sedan leader – the BMW M5. Today’s Face-off-Friday is going to focus on that and attempt to shed some light on what you’re paying for at the end of the day.
Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat vs BMW M5:
Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat:
- Engine: 6.2 liter supercharged HEMI V8
- Performance: 707-hp / 650 lb-ft of torque
- Transmission: 8-Speed automatic
- 0-60mph: 3.7 seconds
- Top Speed: 204 mph
- Price: TBA (estimated around $64,000)
- Engine: 4.4 liter twin-turbo V8
- Performance: 560-hp / 500 lb-ft of torque.
- Transmission: 7-Speed automatic.
- 0-60mph: 4.2 seconds
- Top Speed: 155 mph
- Price: $93,600
There you have it! The decision seems pretty simple to us!