Before you go ahead and tell why this Face-off-Friday doesn’t feature the Ford F-150 – that’s because the new F-150 isn’t on sale yet so we are going to focus this pickup battle between two of the other top pickups sold in the United States.
While the Ford F-150 remains the Top No.1 selling vehicle of all vehicles sold in the United States, the Chevrolet Silverado and the Dodge Ram also grace the list of the Top 10 vehicles sold every month.
Both models offer a great substitute to the Ford F-150 domination in the pickup segment and even outshine the F-150 in some places. For example, unlike the Ford F-150 and the Ram, the Chevrolet Silverado offers in-car 4G LTE connectivity so you can work on the go. Both models also offer some outstanding hauling and towing capacity and may just grab your attention over the giant “BUILT FORD TOUGH” sign you see everywhere.
Let’s take a look.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 vs Ram 1500:
Chevrolet Silverado 1500:
- Engine: 5.3 liter V8.
- Performance: 355-hp / 383 lb-ft of torque
- Transmission: 6-speed automatic
- Maximum Towing: 12,000 lbs.
- Curb Weight: 5,169 pounds
- Fuel-Economy: 16/23 (city/highway)
- Price: $26,105
- Engine: 5.7 liter HEMI V8
- Performance: 395-hp / 410 lb-ft of torque
- Transmission: 8-speed automatic
- Maximum Towing: 10,650 lbs.
- Curb Weight: 5,106 lbs.
- Fuel-Economy: 15/22 (city/highway)
- Price: $25,255